Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Check Them Out

I've been on a PODCAST kick lately.  Here are five (film-themed) podcasts that I'm head over heels for.


The tagline says it all.  Nostalgia & Film 101.  Through Natsukashi, I've met (recorded with) numerous actors, screenwriters, and directors from my favorite films.
 
These two guys are great. Simon and Jo have embarked on "public podcasting" or "pubpodding" as I like to call it.  Give this show one listen and you'll be hooked.  Their episodes are broken up well, the hosts are extremely entertaining, and they aren't afraid to give He Shot Cyrus some shout-outs.

One of my favorite blogs has ventured into audio recordings.  I wholly recommend Episode 11 (w/Fletch of Blog Cabins) where the two discuss Desert Island DVDs, How to Train Your Dragon, and a movie I didn't care for, I Love You Phillip Morris.  These episodes fly by while you listen.  Thumbs Up.

Movies.  Music.  Gene Shalit.
From out of nowhere, a new podcast from my friend Jonny and his friend Reed.
Pop culture.  News.  Entertainment.
Subscribe on iTunes.  Enjoy in your ears.

Filmspotting sets the bar.  If you haven't listened to these guys yet, you're a schmuck in the schmuckiest sense of the word.

3 comments:

Ryan McNeil said...

I thank you so very much for the plug, and for putting me in such lofty company!

(Pssst...There's no "Side" in my blog name. thanks again).

xTJMac510x said...

Great list. And it inspires me to make our podcast better so we can one day be on that list

Jonny said...

Scott, I want to kiss you. Thanks so much for the shout out! I must admit that I'm slightly embarrassed to be mentioned alongside Filmspotting, but I sincerely appreciate the gesture.

PS: I saw that Fletch won "Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip" for his Oscar picks. INCREDIBLE gift! That's one of the greatest, and most underrated shows ever!