Um...something pretty exciting happened today. I received an e-mail from Adam Lowes from Max Fischer's Film Club telling me that my blog had been featured in The Guardian's weekly entertainment supplement "The Guide."
Sunday, May 30, 2010
For those who don't know, The Guardian is one of England's longest running newspapers. It was founded in 1821, became ridiculously successful and eventually spawned Guardian.co.uk which is where my post on how Lethal Weapon spawned an uncountable number of pretty terrible buddy cop movies was featured. The post was a part of Mike Lippert's "27 Greatest Movies That Made Going to the Movies Suck" event.
Seeing as The Guardian is "one of the highest-traffic English-language news websites," there's a good chance that I might have some European visitors making their way over to my humble site over the next couple days. So I'd like to give a huge thanks to Johnny Dee for giving me the shout-out and give these potential fans a little info about me.
1. My favorite movie is The Warriors. Cult classic, gang warfare, it inspired my blog's name.
2. People yell "Superbad" at me on a weekly basis. They think I look like Jonah Hill.
3. On an ironic note, the movie Superbad is a pretty close depiction of my high school life.
4. I watched over 450 movies last year.
5. I have two tattoos. One of Doug. One of Skeeter.
6. I started wearing suit jackets after watching Superbad. I guess I've been asking for it.
That's about it. Thank you, England! I'm out!