Monday, July 27, 2009

The Return of the Living Blog

For all of you still bothering to check in here from time to time...thanks.  Between a thesis, a move, and a job change, life has been insane.  Now everything seems to have settled down.  In other words, I'm back.

Here are some things I feel should be said:

1. Netflix Instant Watch through the X-Box 360 is fantastic.  The only downsides are the lack of selection (especially under the TV category) and the "Your connection has slowed down so please enjoy Point Break in the all-new Super Blurry mode" message/feature.

2. Blockbuster Exclusives are bittersweet.  It's great that the film is going to see the light of day and I'm sure having at least a couple of copies in every Blockbuster in America is appealing but for those of us who rent elsewhere (i.e. Netflix), it's almost like Guy Madden's My Winnipeg and the great animated Fear[s] of  the Dark don't exist.  (Although, they do exist and you should track down a copy of each.)

3. G-Force beat out Harry Potter's second weekend?  How...who...ah hell, I don't know.

Anyways, I'm back.  Here's a picture of Diane lane for you because you've been so patient.

4 comments:

Runs Like A Gay said...

Welcome back, hope the move/thesis/change of job have all gone well.

G-Force crushing HP6 was pretty earth-shattering, wasn't it?

Fletch said...

This Super Blurry mode sounds intriguing. I wonder if it enhances terrible movies like Fool's Gold and turns them into a worthwhile experience.

Doubtful.

We'll wait for you.

Caitlin said...

Yay! Glad to see you back.

Olga said...

Hi! I enjoyed reading your blog and welcome back. Harry Potter does seem to get boring with time :(... Check out my movies label: http://whereareyouolga.blogspot.com/search/label/movies