Friday, May 22, 2009

Killshot Release Date

Caught Fierce People at a free screening. Then it went right to DVD.

Went to see Jumper for Diane Lane. Two minutes of screen time.

Was excited for Appaloosa until her role was recast...Renee Zellweger...

Nights in Rodanthe
went to theaters. But it was still Nights in Rodanthe.

Now Killshot is getting the direct-to-DVD treatment. Apparently not even Micky Rourke's rediscovered hype was enough to save this one. The popularity of Diane Lane, Thomas Jane, Joseph Gordan-Levitt, and director John Madden, wasn't even enough. I'll still be picking this one up on May 26th.

I'll be picking up a copy of this poster as well, if I can find one.

8 comments:

Runs Like A Gay said...

Didn't Killshot get a tiny tiny Weinstein special release back in January? BoxOfficeMojo tells me it made $18,643 in the US, which doesn't even pay for the catering!

Anyway you should be grateful for the DVD release, here in Blighty there isn't even a sign of that.

elgringo said...

Maybe it did get a limited release but I didn't hear anything about it. Too bad. I'm always happy to get to see a film, no matter what format it's be in. Better than not seeing it at all. I just wish that Lane's films were bigger, better, and more widely available.

Fletch said...

Killshot actually opened here in Phoenix back then as Runs mentioned. It was weird, because I don't think it played anywhere else outside of maybe NY/LA. Even weirder because of the cast, and weirder still because (iirc) it's an Elmore Leonard adaptation.

I didn't see it (think it only played for one week), but would still like to.

RC said...

man --- starting to sound like your her biggest fan.

Reel Whore said...

Ms. Lane's gone from Unfaithful to Untraceable in the blink of an eye. At least we'll always have Judge Dredd.

Joel Bocko said...

I am making the rounds to remind everyone about the "Reading the Movies" exercise. I'm going to compile everyone's lists into one master list in a week or two, so jump in! The original post can be found here:

http://thedancingimage.blogspot.com/2009/05/reading-movies.html

danielsmth15 said...

damn i'm angry now :@bicsi certification

Louis said...

Killshot movie is a thrilling action movie .... This movie is directed by John Maddan.This movie is revolves around a young couple.... I watch killshot movie last night.....