Monday, May 19, 2008

He Shot Cyrus - The Origins

Since I've started He Shot Cyrus, I've had quite a few people ask me to explain the blog's title. You can read my second post--the one about The Warriors or you can watch this clip.



I was sitting around one day thinking about how few opportunities I have to write about film. I'm currently an MA student who's focusing on Cinema Studies. There's plenty of opportunities to write academic-style papers but what I wanted was to write about the movies that I love on a more personal level. That's when I decided to start a blog of my own. I had often read other film blogs and thought I could give an interesting twist to what I had seen so far.

My favorite movie of all-time is The Warriors and I tried to think of my favorite lines from it--hoping that something would be catchy enough to use as a title. That's when it hit me. The scene I just posted jumped out at me and it all clicked. "He Shot Cyrus." The rest was history. It's been a few weeks now and the feedback I've received has been great. I've got a few more posts in the works and I hope everyone continues to enjoy the blog. Make sure to check out the links I've posted on my blog roll (located on the right side of the screen). There are some great sites there that you'll probably enjoy.

Thanks for reading.

11 comments:

Keith said...

Alright, I'm officially convinced. This is a good idea. We should ALL have film blogs! We should have one big cine grad blarg-o-sphere! We're all awesome, and we all have differing tastes. Plus it's summer (practically). I've just grabbed a name, and will put something up on it soon... does anybody else besides you and Whitney have a kickass film blog already? I'm not in that "faces book" you kids are all the rage for, so I miss these things.

Anonymous said...

You keep posting, Scott, and we'll keep reading (plus you save me a lot of research time).
Very thorough and entertaining. Keep it up.

Rob

Unknown said...

whoa dudes, don't you guys have papers to write? (oh yeah, i'm reading blogs right now, probably less excusable during finals week than writing them...)

i like the "cine grad blarg-o-sphere" notion! 'course, we'll see how i feel about writing after the hell that is final papers...

whitney said...

Yeah, and we should have blog parties where we all post about similar topics or even the same movies. Oh my gosh, we're going to be so awesome. we're going to take the world wide web by storm.

elgringo said...

Derek and Don both have blogs. They're on my blog roll (that list on the right of my page). Don's is labeled "Don's Film Threat Blog" and Derek's is "Son of Double Feature."

Scott

Don@PetalumaFilms.com said...

Actually...Taylor and I have been quietly working behind the scenes to make a big ass blog that will be like: http://mattzollerseitz.blogspot.com/
but for us Bay Area peeps.

But then school got in the way. :-(

elgringo said...

School has a way of getting in the way...

Kimberly Grafton said...

I love your views on movies. They are just so... Scott! Long live Match Game. I miss you. Read my blog about Def Leppard.
Kim

Ross Williams said...

Hey, thanks for finding my blog. I'm glad I could sway you to watch Murder Party, even if it's only because there's a guy dressed as a baseball fury in it. Reading some of your opinions on films, I think you'll dig it.

Great site... keep it up!

zeynep said...

I really enjoy your blog, Scott! Not only because the movies you post are the ones that would make my never ever list if your blog didn't exist, but also because you're funny :) keep posting.

semprol blog said...

Nice bag you can earn money from that
Thanks for your posting
Visit me @,, Jual Obat Aborsi,,
Obat Aborsi,,
Obat Penggugur Kandungan,,
Jual Obat Aborsi Tuntas,,
Jual Obat Aborsi Ampuh,,

Harga Obat Aborsi,,